Information for New Students
Welcome to Penn State Worthington Scranton. To prepare you for the start of classes, new students are required to attend two programs, New Student Orientation and the Convocation and Welcome Program.
New Student Orientation
Students will receive instructions by email and telephone to register once they have completed their placement testing.
This is an interactive day open to new students to introduce them to resources and services on campus to ensure their success. Topics include:
Coffee, tea, and donuts are available in the morning.
- Overview of the academic structure at Penn State including majors offered, curriculum, and academic and entrance to major requirements
- Meeting with an academic adviser to choose your classes
- Orientation to Penn State Technology
- Meet with current and new students
- Financial Aid and Billing
- Co-curricular learning opportunities
- Get your id+ Card and verify your access account
Before attending your New Student Orientation session, you must
- complete your ALEKS placement exam
- Register for your New Student Orientation session at Penn State Worthington Scranton
- Complete your Advising Homework
Other Helpful Information
Convocation and Welcome Program
August 21, 2015
Meet new students and get off to a great academic start by attending the Convocation and Welcome Program.
More details on this program will be posted as they become available, or you can call 570-963-2700.
Fall 2015 Semester Classes Start August 24, 2015
Important academic dates for students can be found on our academic calendar.